This blog is my journey into a healthier culinary world. I love food and I love cooking and I would love to build my own recipe book of my favorite healthy dishes, that are easy to make on school nights when everything is chaotic!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Dinner out...something I am going to make at home!!

I had promised my boys we would go to Toys R Us tonight to spend the money my mom sent them.  After 2 hours in the store I was NOT in the mood to go home and cook.  We went to BJs, I called Sueann to get info about our 6 miler in the morning and found out she was headed to BJs too.  An hour later we got seated and I ordered a California Chicken sandwich with shoe string fries.  I love this sandwich!  It is marinated chicken breast, grilled and topped with avocado, roasted green chilies, pepper jack cheese, chipotle mayonnaise I had them go very light on this and  the ranch dressing on grilled sourdough bread.  I only ate a few fries. So my new mission is to learn how to roast green chiles and make it with the taste but no mayo and no dressing!  Tomorrow will be another eating out day and Sunday it will be a 2 or 3 for 1!!  Happy Friday all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment