This blog is my journey into a healthier culinary world. I love food and I love cooking and I would love to build my own recipe book of my favorite healthy dishes, that are easy to make on school nights when everything is chaotic!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend off...Tuesday...Pizza!!!!!!

I had loads of summer veggies to grill.  I had planned on making shish ka bobs with the kids, but weather and other factors kept me from it.  Well, what do with a lot of squash, eggplant, tomato, onion, mushrooms and red bell pepper?  Hmmmm...saute it and cook some chicken and make a pizza!!  I had so much I split it in half and tomorrow we will have veggie loaded spaghetti!  So well, on to today...I never had squash or eggplant on pizza so this was new.

Reviews:

Cody: I didn't have time to ask, his was down the hatch, every last bite!!!!

Bren: MMMM red peppers and mushrooms, nummy mommy.

Me: OK, this was a lot better than I thought it was going to be, I just tossed a lot of veggies in to saute, and what'd ya know...it ended up quite tasty!

Sueann: OK, it is delish...(yes she came over when I tempted her)  Her words "It's veggielicious!"

MMMM Summer Veggie and Chicken pizza!!!

RECIPE

1 eggplant, cubed
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 small yellow squash, cubed
1/4 white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
15 grape tomatoes, sliced
1 pint mushrooms, sliced
2 chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
1 small jar pizza sauce
1 package pizza dough

Saute all veggies while cooking chicken, toss together.  Roll out dough, add sauce and veggie mix, cover in mozzerrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment